Public Service Sector
Members of the Public service sector work in direct government ministries and agencies such as PRT Growing Services; Livestock Services of Saskatchewan; Sask Milk; Saskatchewan Wildlife Asset Management; S&O Cleaners or eHealth. With 10,000+ members the Public Service makes up the single largest component of SGEU members.
Bargaining Guidelines / Sector Bylaws
Public Service Local Representatives
Muna De Ciman
|1108 Swift Current
|1110 Moose Jaw
|1121 La Ronge/ Missinipe
|1105 Prince Albert
(contact negotiating committee 306.775.7206)
|1122 Buffalo Narrows
|1107 Hudson Bay
Benefit Plans for PS/GE Bargaining Unit Members
- Public Employees Benefits (web) Plans
- Extended Health Care Plans for Retirees
The Extended Health Care Plan for Retired (web) Employees (PS/GE SGEU, CUPE 600-3, and 600-5) and The Extended Health Care Plan for Certain Other Retired Employees (Out-of-Scope) were established on January 15, 2002. The plans provide protection and security in meeting health care needs. The plans provide coverage of certain medical services and supplies given or ordered by a physician not reimbursed from the provincial medical plan. This applies to certain services and supplies that are not reimbursed or are partially reimbursed from the provincial medical plan.
For a complete list of Retirement Planning Workshops around the province click here
- Extended Health Care Plan
- The Public Employees' Extended Health Care (web) Plan for employees of PS/GE SGEU, CUPE 600-3, and 600-5, was established on October 1, 1996. The Public Employees' Extended Health Care Plan for Certain Other Employees Out-of-Scope (Management) was established on January 1, 1997. The plans provide protection and security in meeting health care needs. The plans provide coverage of certain medical services and supplies given or ordered by a physician not reimbursed from the provincial medical plan. This applies to certain services and supplies that are not reimbursed or are partially reimbursed from the provincial medical plan.
- SGEU Portaplan (web)Insurance
- Group Life Insurance (web)Plan
- Deferred Salary Leave (web) Plan
- Dental (web) Plan
Read the latest issue of the PS/GE Bulletin.
Looking for a past issue? You can browse back issues here.
|If you would prefer to receive future issues of the PS/GE Bulletin and other publications from SGEU via email, update your preferences in the member portal or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org|
Member Discount Program
As a member of the Public Service, youe are entiled to countless savings from merchants in hundreds of locations across Canada. We are part of the Endless Savings and More program that allows you to get great deals - and it's all available from your smartphone.
Download the app, enter the organization code "psge" and start saving today!
Public Service Sector Employers
- eHealth Saskatchewan
- Livestock Services of Saskatchewan Corporation
- Pacific Regeneration Technologies
- Public Service/Government Employment
- Saskatchewan Wildlife Asset Management Inc. (SWAM)
- S&O Cleaners
- Sask Milk
- Valley Hill Youth Treatment Centre